Interior Architects: The Builder of Dreams
“Step into the Life of an Interior Architect”
Interior architects are the creators of the masterpiece designs that shape the way we live and work. They are the artists that turn a house and make it into a home or an office into a hub of productivity. Their goal is to deliver an indoor space that is functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing. Most importantly, they produce a design that is according to the wants and needs of their client.
- Planning/ Building Regulations
- Safety Codes
- How a room looks from another interior room
- How lighting looks during different times of the day
These are just some examples of elements that interior architects must review. But a talented professional will always find a way to make all of these variables work together seamlessly through proven principles and techniques.
Interior architects perform a wide range of duties in order to see a project through from its initial design stages right to completion. Such duties may include:
- Identifying, researching, and creatively solving problems pertaining to the function of your space.
- Conducting design analysis and space planning with consideration for aesthetics
- Preparing a concept to present to the client including schematics, drawings, and documents
- Managing implementation of a project from work site inspection to supervising designers and contractors.
- Managing a budget and getting creative to stay within the constraints of a given budget
- Working directly with other professionals and contractors but engaging in such a wide range of duties is not easy without the appropriate knowledge at hand.
- Interior Construction
- Interior Decoration
- Building Systems & Components
- Building Regulations -Equipment & New Technologies
- Materials -Furnishings
- Incorporating construction features from plumbing to electrical into their designs
Most importantly, an interior architect’s communication skills must be important in order to listen and visually interpret instructions and suggestions into a great design that satisfies the needs of a client.
Furthermore, that design must be well articulated and communicated to contractors. With their wide array of skills, experience, and knowledge, interior architects carefully design spaces that enhance the quality of life and protect the health, safety, welfare and environment of the people who occupy them.